How to win people to your way of thinking?
Posted on June 11, 2017
- Principle 1 – The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it
You can’t win an argument.
An argument is such a thing that if you lose it, you lose it and even you win it, you lose it. A Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love and a misunderstanding is never ended by an argument but by the fact, diplomacy, conciliation and a sympathetic desire to see the other person’s viewpoint. It’s normal to have a disagreement but always protect being disagreement to an argument. Always try to be far from an argument.
- Principle 2 – Show respect to other person’s opinions. Never say, you are wrong.
It is difficult to change people’s mind. You can’t teach a man anything. You can only help him to find within himself. Be wiser than the other people if you can but do not tell them so. Don’t argue with your customers or your spouse. Don’t tell them they are wrong. You will never get into trouble by admitting that you may be wrong.
- Principle 3 – If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
There is a certain degree of satisfaction in having the courage to admit one’s error. Any fool can try to defend his or her mistake. By fighting, you never get enough but by yielding , you get more than you expected. Never hesitate to admit your fault or error.
- Principle 4 – Begin in a friendly way
People don’t want to change their minds. They can’t be foced or driven to agree with you or me. They may be possibly led to, if we are gentle and friendly, ever so gentle and ever so friendly. If you want to win a man to your case, first convience him that you are his sincere friend. Kindliness, the friendly approach and appreciation can make people change their minds more readily.
- Principle 5 – Get the other person saying ”Yes Yes” immediately
While talking with people, don’t begin the things on which you differ. Begin by ephasizing and keep on emphasizing the things on which you agree. Always try to get that person saying Yes Yes. He who treads softly goes far.
- Principle 6 – Let the other person do a great deal of talking
Most of the people try to win others to their way of thinking. So, they do too much talking themselves. Let the other people talk themselves out. They know more about their business and problems than you do. Listen patiently with an open mind. Encourage them to open their ideas fully.
- Principle 7 – Let the other people feel that ideas is his or her
Don’t you have much more faith in ideas that you discover for yourself than in ideas that are handed to you on a silver plate? No one ikes to feel that he/she is being sold something or told to do a thing. If you let other person feel that the ideas is his or her, then there is cooperation.
- Principle 8 – Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view
One of the best things you can do is to try to understand them by honestly putting yourself in his place. When you show that you consider the other person’s ideas and feelings as important as you, it will help you to get their support and help.
- Principle 9 – Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desire
Always show sympathy and respect to other person’s ideas and desire. It shows that you care about them.Lidten to their words and don’t try to reply. Just try to understand them.
- Principle 10 – Appeal to the nobler motives
- Principle 11 – Dramatize your ideas
- Principle 12 – Throw down a challange